Facebook Instagram Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers BlogLovin Home Image Map

November 28, 2012

Santa's Christmas Cookie Slam! Card Game

I fell completely in love with these cute Christmas Cookie graphics from Scrappin' Doodle and just knew I could find several ways to use them!  Here's a fun game I created for following directions and language processing.  It's called:




The download includes these cookies...



 ...and these playing cards...



...for some fast-paced fun!  This is a great little game for a whole variety of skills.  You could use it for articulation practice, practicing giving directions, following directions and language processing, just to mention a few.  I'm thinking my kids will LOVE it!  In fact, I'll probably send a few copies home with kids as homework.  (P.S.  Update:  I've played this several times today and it was a major hit!)

Do you want to play, too?  You can download this game here.  I've been using this game as is, but you might want to make two copies of both cards and cookies to extend the length of the game (not to mention the laughter!)

'Tis the Season!


Pam

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! Will you let me know how it works for you? Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Pam, I love all of your activities! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Carrie! I like YOUR activities, too! Let me know how this one works for you. It's fun to hear how others use things.

      Delete
  3. Great Idea! I also printed out your EET ideas for Thanksgiving and Christmas! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like them. FYI - I used the Christmas EET worksheet yesterday with a child and found that it worked best when we first reviewed a book that had a lot of Christmas vocabulary. I am planning to use it again later today and fill it out as we look at the book simultaneously. Later in the month, I'll use it again as a post test to see how much they retained.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the cute freebie! I can't wait to print it and use it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! I hope you haven't printed it yet...I made a slight change to a card that was difficult to read. I'm reposting the corrected version in a few minutes if you want to check back.

      Delete
  6. This is too cute! I really like the graphics you chose - adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just recently found your blog! Love this following directions activity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Neat post. There’s a problem with your web site in internet explorer, would check this… IE still is the market leader and a big portion of people will miss your magnificent writing due to this problem. great post to read

    ReplyDelete