Facebook Instagram Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers BlogLovin Home Image Map

November 9, 2012

Part/Whole Activity with Tapikeo HD

People who know me or read my blog know that I LOVE the Tapikeo HD app and use it frequently in my treatment sessions.  If you've never heard of it, it's an app that you can use it to create your own digital photo flashcards and storybooks very quickly and easily.

The good news is that today it is FREE instead of it's usual price of $3.99 at the app store!  Go get it if you don't have it!

I want to share my latest activity that I made using this app.  It's a Part/Whole activity that features photographs of things we see in the fall.
Here's a glimpse of some of the pages:






This is how I made it.  I took pictures of fall things that I saw around me and loaded them into my computer.  When I edited them, I duplicated the originals, and then cropped each one to show just a part of the complete object.

I used PowerPoint to created the slides.  It's a very easy process.  First I chose a background color for the slides.  Then I added a text box and a photograph to each one.  My slides looked like this:





Next, I imported the slides into a new Tapikeo HD grid.  You need to select them one by one from your iPhoto library, but it only takes a few minutes to complete an entire grid.


I chose to only include photos in this grid.  I did not add text or record a sound, which made this project even easier.

The finished grid looks like this:




When you want to view your grid as a sequence of single pictures, you press Play on the bottom left of the screen.  That's it!

Jean Eudes (the creator of Tapikeo HD) was kind enough to provide me with a link to share my grid with you.  If you have the app and want to use my grid, you can find it here:   http://bit.ly/RMhoDE


Are you new to my blog and are wondering what else I've done with Tapikeo HD?  Check out these older posts:

http://chitchatandsmalltalk.blogspot.com/2012/03/play-dough-mats-and-other-fun-stuff.html

http://chitchatandsmalltalk.blogspot.com/2012/04/move-and-talk-story-templates-for.html

http://chitchatandsmalltalk.blogspot.com/2012/05/ideas-for-home-projects-using-tapikeo.html

You might even find some more free grids :-)



Pam







2 comments:

  1. I keep hearing great things about this app, but don't have it yet! I'm going to have to go check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you'll like it if you get it. I've used it so many different ways! The kids love to see themselves in the stories we make together. It's very easy!

      Delete