Facebook Instagram Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers BlogLovin Home Image Map

March 25, 2012

Zoo Part 2

  

Here's a couple more ideas that fit the zoo theme:

Monkeying Around Game

I've had this game for years, and it never fails to please kids of any age.  Kids take turns hanging monkeys by their tails onto the magnetically attached treetop that looms above an alligator-filled pond.  If the treetop becomes unbalanced, all the monkeys fall into the perilous pond with a grand crash!  I have used this game for all sorts of goals:  articulation practice, plurals, making predictions, and turn-taking, to name a few.

I think I bought mine at Super Duper, but I've seen it since at many toy stores.  It's just another great multi-purpose game that you can grab and adapt.

What's for Lunch Book

Here's a little book I made using Boardmaker for my preschoolers.  It's an interactive rhyming story about a zookeeper who has a wheelbarrow full of food to feed the animals.  The food pieces are attached to a separate story board (see the picture above), and placed into the bowl of the animal who requests it throughout the story.

 Here's a sample page:


And another:


You get the idea.  Just download it, print, add some velcro dots and you're good to go!  Here's a little time-saving tip:  Print the book pages on photo paper instead of card stock and you can eliminate the laminating step.  Easy.

I posted this book before knowing how to compile the Boardmaker files into one document, so unfortunately you'll have to download it page by page, until I can redo it.  Download the pages here:


Nice chatting with you!

Pam



6 comments:

  1. Hi Pam,
    Thanks for this resource, it looks great. I had one problem downloading it though, the giraffe page is mostly blank. Is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops! I'll look into it and let you know when I get it fixed. Sorry about that!

      Delete
    2. I think I fixed it. Try the new link and please let me know if it's still not working.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. This is great, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing all of your great ideas with us!! Do you happen to still have this book on Boardmaker Share? I tried searching for it using a variety of key words and nothing came up. Thanks for your help :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz,

      I am in the process of transferring my activities that contain Boardmaker PCS over to Boardmaker Share and I'm having some difficulty. I will repost it to this blog post for you. Check back in a few hours.

      Thanks!

      Pam

      Delete