Facebook Instagram Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers BlogLovin Home Image Map

December 4, 2012

/R/ Loaded Paragraphs for Christmas

Today I'm sharing my /R/ Loaded Paragraphs for Christmas with you.  I have several kids working on their carryover skills and couldn't find any /r/ packed paragraphs to send home for practice, so I made some!  This download has four paragraphs for you to cut out and use individually or as a set.  Each one describes an event that commonly occurs at Christmas, and finishes with an opportunity for conversation about the event.  I don't know about you, but I find making that leap from saying the /r/ sound correctly while reading to using it correctly in spontaneous conversation is very difficult for many of my kids.  I'm hoping giving them a structured topic will help.

I am also planning to use these paragraphs with my kids who are improving their auditory memory skills.  Each one describes a sequence and is packed with details to remember.  I can think of several who, what, where and when questions to ask about each one!  *Update:  I've added a worksheet for details/sequencing to the download.  I plan to use this worksheet for data collection.


Would you like a copy? You can download them from my TpT store.



15 comments:

  1. These are great! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING!!!!!! Love!!!!!!!!! I'm so going to use these!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how they work for you. By the way, did you see my comment on your last post? I'm wondering where you get your clip art for your stim card targets.

      Delete
  3. These are AWESOME!!!! I love that you incoporated auditory memory/listening skills too. Maybe create some for /s/?? Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, some /s/ paragraphs? Now you've got me thinking again! Check back later and maybe I'll have some :-)

      I'm glad you like them. They worked really well for me today, so I hope you'll find them useful, too.

      Thanks for the feedback!

      Delete
    2. Shannan, I'll be posting some /s/ paragraphs tomorrow. Be sure to check it out!

      Delete
  4. I like these. They are just what I needed! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to use these with my /r/ kids and my auditory comprehension kiddos! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I'll be able to use this with almost all of my kids to target artic and language! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used these stories today with two students and they loved them! They really liked the personal questions at the end of each story. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Check back tomorrow...I'm posting 4 more (ssshhhhh!)

      Delete
  8. I love, love, love these! I used both the /s/ and /r/ ones with my kiddos before Christmas and found them to be extremely helpful with carryover. I'm hoping you're planning more for winter/valentines/spring, etc...? And, maybe some other sounds (th, sh, ch, for example). These were so useful, I'd definitely be willing to buy them on tpt.

    ReplyDelete