Facebook Instagram Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers BlogLovin Home Image Map

December 7, 2012

/S/ Loaded Paragraphs for Winter and Christmas

I've been using my /R/ Loaded Paragraphs all week long and have been really pleased with the results.  They are jam-packed with /r/ words to practice, and are perfect for practicing auditory memory skills.  One of my readers suggested that I make a set to target /s/, so I did!  Here they are, four more little stories, two about Christmas and two about winter.




Each story includes targets in the initial, medial and final positions of words, and an open-ended question for expanded discussion and opportunity for carryover.  The worksheet includes four questions for comprehension about each story.  I have used this worksheet in two ways:  one, for my own data collecting purposes, and the other as an assist to the students who need the questions in written format to aid in comprehension.

These great little stories are a FREEBIE in my TpT store!  Grab them here and please let me know what you think. Your feedback is invaluable!


Enjoy!


7 comments:

  1. I went to your site to get prepped for my patient who's coming in 15 minutes, with /s/ and /r/ goals, thinking to download your /r/ paragraphs, and voila! you had this one too! Perfect! Therapy planning, check! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you got right to work, didn't you? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these!!!! If you are feeling ambitious, maybe /L/ and /Th/ too :) Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really???? I don't have any kids working on /L/, but I do have /TH/ kids. Maybe in a week or two. They would have to be Winter theme or something other than Christmas. I'm glad you like them.

      Delete
  4. Hi, I just wanted to let you know I used these this week and last. Thanks for making it easy for me to pull out something relevant; I hate practicing random words that kids will never have opportunity to say outside of the therapy room. I used these for data collection at the reading level. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them! Thanks for letting me know. It's always good to hear that people find my materials useful.

      Delete