Facebook Instagram Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers BlogLovin Home Image Map

October 24, 2012

Fall Flip Book for S-Blend Practice



Last week I posted a little Halloween Flip Book that was extremely popular with my readers.  I was surprised by it's popularity, as it was something I made years ago and hadn't pulled it out in a few years.  But as I saw how much the kids enjoyed using it this past week, I decided to create another one.  This one is specifically designed to be used to work on S-Blend words and phrases, as I have several little buddies who struggle with those skills.  I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but basically I plan to use it just like the Halloween one.  The stack of pictures on the left side of the book are adjectives as in the Halloween Flip Book, and the stack on the right are objects/people.  The words on all the picture cards begin with S-blends, which include SP, SL, SM, ST, SK and S.  Most of the adjectives pair up with at least one object that makes sense, but it is fun to talk about why when they don't.  There are twice as many adjectives in this set than objects so you can be selective.  If you'd like to use this little book too, you can download it here..  I recommend that you print it on photo paper if you have it.  It's my little trick for not needing to laminate!

Enjoy!

Pam

P.S.  I love receiving your comments!

13 comments:

  1. These books are wonderful! I am starting my own pediatric private practice and need to build my stash of supplies/materials - and these are perfect! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen, I'm so glad you like them! Best of luck to you with your private practice :-)

      Delete
  2. Photo paper instead of laminating...brilliant!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that a neat little trick? Just wait until you try it! The colors are much more vibrant on photo paper too.

      Delete
  3. I must be missing something, but I can't find the link to the download and had no luck searching Boardmaker Share. Please help! This looks like a great download. Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas and materials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that. I removed the link before I actually transferred my files to Boardmaker Share. I will repost the link to this blog post. Check back in an hour or two.

      Thanks,

      Pam

      Delete
  4. These are wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kids of many ages like flip books. This was a great idea! I really like the idea of using photo paper. It turns out really well! Thanks for posting it, and, at no cost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm happy to share.

      By the way, regarding using photo paper, the brand does matter. DO NOT use Target brand. The ink does not set. I recommend Staples brand.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing!!! This will be very helpful in moving kids toward carryover of those /s/ blends!

    ReplyDelete