Facebook Instagram Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers BlogLovin Home Image Map

October 9, 2012

Spooky Spider Web for /S/-Blend Practice

Here's a really quick and easy idea for some articulation practice with a little Halloween fun.  Download a spider web image from the web, print it off and add stickers.  I found mine on Google Images;  there are lots of others to choose from.

I used it today to work on words that begin with /sp/. I gathered up a collection of Halloween stickers and wrote the target sentence at the bottom of the page.  In this case, the sentence was "A spooky ______ on a spider web." I let the child choose 5-10 stickers.  After she chose a sticker, we labeled it as a Spooky Ghost, or a Spooky Cat, or whatever fit the sticker. Then after the child stuck the sticker to the web, we said the target phrase together.  We repeated the sequence for the remaining stickers.  Finally, I had the child show me each sticker she placed on the web and say the target sentence independently.

I'm planning to use this activity to work on following directions, too.  It'd be a great way to work on left/right, above/below and other prepositions.

Don't you just love activities that require very little prep and can be easily adapted for a variety of goals?  I do!

Have fun!


Pam

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maro! Thank you for your kind words! Wow, I only have 22 followers and one of them is from Greece! Who knew I'd have an international following?! I am so humbled and grateful.

      I can't wait to check out your blog, too. I glanced at your boards on Pinterest and saw many things that caught my eye. I'm just loving what social media has done for our professions!

      Delete
    2. I am very happy that I can talk with people from all over the world and share ideas about our profession! Social media has made that very easy I agree. You are welcome to visit my blog and I hope you like it! Have a nice weekend!

      Delete