Facebook Instagram Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers BlogLovin Home Image Map

August 23, 2012

Answers: YesNo HD app: Choice Making for Toddlers

The Answers: YesNo HD app has been on my iPad for awhile now, but it was one I rarely used, because it didn't really suit the needs of my caseload.  Suddenly I find myself with two pre-verbal toddlers that need to work on making requests and building vocabulary.  One is learning to use the PECS system, and the other needs some symbol support to make specific requests.  I remembered that the YesNO app could also be used as a two-celled AAC device, so I checked it out.  It worked great!  Let me show you how fast and easy it is to make simple communication boards with photographs of your own materials.



First, you choose the Favorite Button Set Up option.


Touch either button to set it up.


Select a photo to add to the button.  I used photos of the toy choices that I took using my iPad.  You can also add text and a voice recording on this screen.  Press done, and then repeat the steps to add a second choice to your page.  It will look like this when you're finished:


You have the option of creating six different pages that you can access quickly with just the touch of a button.


When you are finished with your pages, you are ready to go.  Just touch the "favorites" button, and select your choice board.

This was a fast, easy and very effective way to create a simple choice board system.  I highly recommend it!

Keep exploring new ways to use your iPad,

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment