Facebook Instagram Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers BlogLovin Home Image Map

September 19, 2014

Quick Artic Activity: Domino Mazes



Here's a quick, no-prep activity that's been a hit this week with my upper elementary and middle school students:  Domino mazes!  I used this for an articulation activity, but you could use it for language goals, too.  Just use your favorite deck of articulation cards, turn one over, have the student say the target word as he/she places a domino on the table, creating a maze.  I have the student say the same word 5 times, placing a domino for each repetition.  The maze pictured above was completed in less than 30 minutes, and was done by one student who completed over 150 reps of her target sound in words.  This would be fun to do in a group as well.

Of course, the best part is knocking it down ;-)

If you've got dominoes, give this a try!

2 comments:

  1. where did you get your dominoes? I like them. you can email at adorais159@gmail.com Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using dominos in speech. It's a great activity for middle school cooperative group work as well as for executive functions. I brought my son's in to school when he stopped playing with them and I soon as I brought them in...he wanted them back! Oh brother!

    ReplyDelete